Monday, March 22, 2010

monday! argh

Monday baby! up early and off to the gym. little sluggish but off we go.
checked the mainsite and wasn't super psyched. double unders are one of my nemesis. argh. but figured you gotta suck it up to get better. so......

warm up
run 2 miles

strength warm up
3 rounds
10 push ups
10 squats
10 135lb deadlifts

figured i would mix the deads into my warm up to get ready for the wod.
after the 3 rounds i loaded up the bar with 225 and did a set of 6 to get the muscles ready for heavier weight.

wod.
3 rounds for time
10 275# deadlifts
50 double unders

yikes!
first of all i scaled the weight on the deads. my back was still a little tight on saturday from last weeks deads. 275 is 85/90% of my max so i took the weight down a bit to 225.
darm double unders. argh!

round 1
10 225 deads
30 double unders. my jump rope broke!! damn it! i missed a double and broke my rope.
major bummer
for the next 2 rounds i subbed 400m runs for the double unders.

wod went well all things considered. the last round of deads i strained my neck a little. kind of tight now and have a slight headache. argh. kept the run pace high to mimic the intensity of the double unders.

all in all a good monday am.

No comments:

Post a Comment